Everyone has their lists recapping 2017, but here at Stonebridge Builders, we are looking forward to 2018. Many times with trends, you read the list and think “Who actually does that?” but our list is coming directly from our sales, estimating, and construction teams… it’s exactly what they are seeing. And it just so happens that it’s right in line with the national trends we’ve been reading about!
1. BBQs- Stonebridge Builders has been consistently providing contract documents for outdoor kitchens and bbqs during the last half of 2017, in preparation for this new amenity to be ready for residents in 2018. This is an easy way to upgrade your overall amenity packages since most multi-family communities have the space within their pool area.
2. Dog Parks- Living in dog friendly Colorado, dog friendly amenities are high on current and future residents’ wish lists. We’ve seen some unique, unused spaces renovated into a simple park. Some communities have also added a dog wash room.
3. Solid Surface Countertops- Quartz countertops in both the kitchen and bath with minimal textures are hot right now.
4. LED Lighting Upgrade- Many units are being updated with LED lights throughout… a great savings for both tenants and management.
5. Matte Finishes- Shiny silver and gold fixtures are out and matte finished hardware throughout the interior of homes is trending.
6. Scandinavian Design- This trend features simple and clean lines giving the minimalist effect.
7. Neutral Palette- This trend is listed on almost every trend list for 2018. Our question is… how is this a trend? We’ve been seeing this for years and years! It’s almost more of a staple!
8. Package Solutions- This isn’t a trend but a necessity at any multi-family community. We’ve seen empty offices renovated into package rooms, we’ve built small buildings to house them and repurposed outdated amenity rooms for them. Amazon boxes installed outdoors can also be a smaller scale solution.