Stonebridge Builders was proud to participate in the 2017's Silent Auction and Charity Gala at Mile High Station in Downtown Denver. Our donation of a gift certificate to the Denver Performing Arts Center garnered a nice amount towards Family Homestead.
Here is a blog post by our new marketing and sales coordinator, Amy Zamostny:
Yesterday, Lance and I went to the monthly PowerLunch hosted by the Apartment Association of Metro Denver. Normally (or so I’m told!) they have just average speakers that don’t really make an impact on you, but yesterday was definitely different. While it was geared towards sales and leasing consultants, Ryan Avery’s message resonated with everyone, because he gave small pieces of advice that are easy to change and better yourself.
The title of Ryan’s seminar was “Go from “A” to “THE”: Stop being a leader and start being THE Leader. Immediately my thoughts went to my alma mater, The Ohio State University. People will ask me where I went to school, and I always say “The Ohio State University.” I’m not trying to be snotty about it, but it’s the legal name. Back in 1878, they were on to something. With over 125 colleges and universities to choose from in Ohio alone, and with 2 other prominent nationally known OSUs, The Ohio State University knew that they were THE leader:
And Ryan’s program started out with examples similar to that. They showed a football team (my beloved and frustrating Cleveland Browns) and then they showed THE football team (your beloved Super Bowl Champions Denver Broncos). They showed a football player (I can’t even remember who it was) and then they showed THE Peyton Manning. They showed a basketball player (a Denver Nugget, maybe Carmelo?) then they showed THE Michael Jordan. You get the idea. You can be a builder, but you want to be THE builder, the one we want top of mind when anyone thinks of THE builder is Stonebridge Builders.
Here are a few of his thought processes to turn you from a leader to THE leader in whatever your job position is. Once we are all THE leaders of our field, then overall Stonebridge becomes THE leader of apartment renovations in Denver. Think about how each of these can apply in your daily life.
- When a leader talks, people pay attention. But when THE Leader talks, people take action.
- A leader gets ready, but THE leader stays ready
- A leader has confidence, but THE leader demonstrates confidence.
- You should always be prepared with the “4321” for your conversations.
- 4 stories to share at any time: 1 personal success story, 1 professional success story, 1 personal failure story, 1 professional failure story (but never tell a story that does not add value to your situation).
- 3 facts related to your industry
- 2 quotes related to your industry
- 1 question that you can always ask anyon
- Confidence creates competence
- People remember what they see first and feel last.
- 90% of first impressions don’t change
- Silence is the most powerful tool to use in sales
- How your body moves dictates how you speak: Every time you move backwards, it’s a sign of weakness. Step/project your body forward as you speak. (Try this in the mirror. The results are pretty amazing!)
- Eliminate 2 words from your vocabulary: Just and Only. Lose those words and your confidence will soar. i.e. It’s just me in the marketing department. I’m the only one in the marketing department. I am the marketing department.
- Words are free, but they cost you a lot
- “Do what you love because people are going to criticize you anyway.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
- Do not let one thing ruin everything
- Confidence is the by product of you being courageous. Where can you be more courageous?
A link to the preview of his speech: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDKPPbt2PP4
Thank you for visiting us at this year's Apartment Association's Maintenance Olympics. A good time was had by all and we were able to meet with many of you in person. We look forward to seeing more of you during the May 2013 AAMD Trade Show.
This year's Apartment Association of Metro Denver (AAMD) Chili Cookoff was a good time had by all. We were able to connect with many of our wonderful clients and vendor partners, and also spend time with our families.
Consistent with the Stonebridge Builders company mission, we take every opportunity to have fun. To fully experience the Cookoff's Octoberfest theme, we dressed in full lederhosen and some of us even dressed as beer maids. We hope that you enjoy the photos below, and that you can join us for our next event:
Stonebridge Builders is pleased to announce that its work has been included in the finalists for November 2011's Tribute Awards. The "Tributes" awards are held every three years, and coordinated by the Apartment Association of Metro Denver. There are various categories of award, and Stonebridge Builders is proud that its work has been included as finalists in the following categories:
1. Bluffs at Highlands Ranch - Most Outstanding Renovated Community
2. Fairways at Raccoon Creek - Most Outstanding Renovated Community
3. Bella Terra - Most Captivating Clubhouse
4. Hearthstone - Most Captivating Clubhouse
5. Horizons at Rock Creek - Most Captivating Clubhouse
We are excited to see the results of this year's ceremony, and are proud for our work to be included amongst these impressive nominated communities.
The recent 2011 Apartment Association of Metro Denver's Trade Show was a success! Thank you to all of our clients and vendors who stopped by our booth. Thank you also to our own Justin Newburn, who attended dressed as Vanilla Ice. Justin really worked hard for the team to transform into Vanilla Ice through shaving his 2-year old beard, and paying $20 to get his hair cut and colored, and colored again. We all appreciate Justin's efforts, especially his rehearsed dance moves.
We met a lot of wonderful companies at the show, and also had a chance to connect with industry peers.
About Stonebridge Builders:
Stonebridge Builders [http://www.stonebridgebuilders.net/contact.html] specializes in creating distinctive home and commercial transformations. These transformations include projects ranging from home additions, basement remodels, and kitchen remodels to bathroom redesigns. Additionally, we offer apartment maintenance and rehabilitation services and common area upgrades. For both residential and commercial properties, we offer the highest quality of service, complete our projects in a timely manner, and communicate throughout all phases of the transformation.
As a premier Denver Metro home remodeling contractor, our goal is to work closely with our clients to determine their needs and desires. Each step we take is aimed to create an environment that is reflective of our clients’ needs and wants. Whether our customers are looking to transform a single room, an entire home, or a multifamily community, we believe that open communication is one of the vital keys to achieving the desired results.
Stonebridge Builders participated in the Apartment Association of Metro Denver's Chili Cookoff this past Saturday and had a great showing. It was wonderful to visit with fellow subcontractors, clients, and all of their families.
Our very own Patrick Quinlan spent 3 days roasting, soaking & peeling green chilis for an amazing green chili that was rumored to win the "best green chili" award, but when the votes were counted, we were not declared to be the winner. Better luck next year.