Please review the position and send your cover letter, résumé, and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Include job title in the subject line. Incomplete responses will not be considered.
The Business Development Specialist is for a renovation contractor with a primary focus on multi-family and capital improvement work. The Business Development Specialist will be a key member of the Sales and Marketing Department who will perform a variety of sales and administrative duties to assist in client development and cultivation of business. The position requires a positive, multi-tasker that will support the delivery of core services to existing and potential clients and contribute to the planning, coordination and delivery of business development activity.
- Will be responsible for lead development, customer service, client follow-up, market research and marketing activities. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Management of web/telephone and email based inquiries, warm lead, follow up and cold calls to current and potential clients and/or additional business partners to generate business and extend positive business relationships.
- Develop and maintain personal knowledge of the multi-family market; market trends for improved effectiveness within a sales support function. Support Business Development Team in general business development activity where necessary, for example; preparing for and supporting events, client promotions, industry conferences and meetings etc.
- Provide support in accurately maintaining and updating the company CRM system. Identify and track lead sources and provide regular management reports on lead sources.
- Adopt a co-operative and positive style of working with other team members and network within the industry and partner organizations with a shared business interest to facilitate company success and growth.
- Assist with gathering scope of work details to provide to the estimating team. Meeting with subcontractors as needed to gather bid information.
- Cold call on multi-family apartment communities to develop opportunities
- Processing sales leads and assuring leads are directed to the appropriate staff member
- Proposal development and research activities as needed or requested by supervisor
- Answers product questions and directs questions to appropriate personnel when necessary
- Processing sales data, sales progress reports and other sales related records and reports
- Assist with CRM database management, integration and compliance
- Effectively execute sales strategy, business development and account plans
- Responsible for finding and qualifying business opportunities and establishing proper customer expectations
- Establish and maintain strong customer relationships through providing excellent customer service
- Attends trade show and industry related networking events as directed
- Performs trade show follow up to assure timely delivery of literature and samples.
- Data entry to track the delivery of marketing literature, product samples and other necessary services to customers as directed by the sales staff or management.
- Assist with the creation and production of the company’s e-newsletter, blog content and social media messages.
- Assist with planning and coordinate conference and tradeshow events
- Develop and execute client appreciation activities
- Assist with website updates
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent telephone skills and computer knowledge with proficiency in database management
- Positive and uplifting attitude
- Demonstrated proficiency composing written communications
- Proficient use of the English language
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities
- Resourceful, well organized, highly dependable, efficient and detail oriented
- 2 - 3 years previous job experience with customer service or sales experience
- B 2 B sales, telephone sales and or telephone customer service experience
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills required (tactfulness, diplomacy, persuasiveness)
- Computer literacy in Office Suite and Sales Force
- Current or previous experience in the multi-family market
- Currently active in the the Apartment Association of Metro Denver
- Basic construction understanding
- High school graduate, college graduate preferred